Teacher Training Curriculum
Our next course starts again May 2019! Registration is now OPEN!
Our teacher training curriculum is for those students who wish to deepen their knowledge of asana, pranayama and meditation.
The course is a six-month, 200hr accredited course, comprising of 76 practical class hours, weekly experiential yoga practice hours plus written assignments. The course is completed with a practical examination and assessments. With amazing teachers and guest lecturers, this course is deeply enriching and covers all aspects of classic hatha yoga philosophy and practice.
MODULES OF STUDY INCLUDE:
* Aims of Yoga
* The History of Yoga
* Ashtanga Marga (The Eight-Fold Path)
* Prana & The Pranic Body
* The Chakra System
* Jnana, Bhakti, Ashtanga, Karma, Raja and Hatha Yoga
* Mudras and Bhandas
* Shat Karmas
* Mantra, Yantra, Tantra and Kriya Yoga
* Yoga Styles – ISHTA, Ashtanga, Kundalini, Restorative, Tibetan Heart Yoga, Pregnancy, Children’s Yoga, Vinyasa
*AsanaTheory, Practice, Modifications, Contraindications
* Adjustments and Alignment
* Yoga Nidra
* Sequencing a Yoga Class
Yoga & Living
* Stress, Depression and Yoga
* Yoga for Disease & Ailments
* Yoga as a Career and for Private Practice
* Seva and Yoga Activism
Classes run every Thursday evening from 6 – 8pm and Saturday from 11am – 1 pm for the duration of the course.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* A minimum of two years previous yoga practice is required for acceptance on this course as well as an eligibility interview with the teachers @ the ISHTA School of Yoga & Health.
* Please be advised that this is a 200 hour training, meaning that in addition to the 76 hours of class time, you are required to gather an additional 124 hours of experiential yoga class hours.
*All experiential hours are available free of charge @ ISHTA to Teacher’s Trainees.
*150 hours in total MUST be completed at ISHTA and the remaining 50 hours can be completed at studios or workshops or retreats of your choice.
* Additionally, ISHTA offers 50% off regular workshops to all Teachers Trainees for the duration of their course
* A 90% attendance of your class hours is required for qualification.
- Once you have registered, you are able to start gathering your experiential yoga hours so you can complete the course at a nice, steady and even pace.
Here’s what some of our teacher’s had to say:
“ISHTA has been a wonderfully warm, supportive and knowledgeable environment for this learning to take place. Thank you for your care and efforts in making this learning a special experience.” ~ Claire
“Absolutely loving the course and don’t want it to end!” ~ Lisa
“I’ve really enjoyed this journey… I’ve grown so much, this was exactly what I needed to find myself again.” ~ Amalia
If you are interested in taking part in this fantastic training, would like more information or have any questions, please fill in the below form: