Teacher Training Curriculum
Our next Teacher’s Training Course runs from May – October 2021.
Registration is now OPEN!
Our teacher training curriculum is for those students who wish to deepen their knowledge of asana, pranayama and meditation.
The course is a six-month, 200-hr accredited course, comprising of 80 practical class hours, weekly experiential yoga practice hours plus written assignments. The course is completed with practical examinations and assessments. With amazing teachers and guest lecturers, this course is deeply enriching and covers all aspects of classic Hatha yoga philosophy and practice.
COURSE COST: R26 000 (Payable upfront with a R5 000 deposit and 10% discount – Total: R23 400) OR on a Payment Plan with a deposit of R5 000 (payable in full by October 2021).
Once you have registered, you are able to start gathering your experiential yoga hours so you can complete the course at a nice, steady and even pace. Also, payment plans can be scheduled over a longer period, the sooner you register.
MODULES OF STUDY INCLUDE:
Hatha Yoga (Various yoga styles that includes ISHTA, Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Kundalini, Iyengar, Yin, Restorative, Tibetan Heart Yoga, Pregnancy and Children’s Yoga)
Asana (Theory, Practice, Modifications, Contraindications)
Anatomy (Theoretical and Applied)
Pranayama (Personal Sadhana and Kriya)
Meditation (Mindfulness Meditation, Passive and Active Techniques, Mantra, Chanting)
Sequencing and Adjustments
Yoga for Disease & Ailments
Yoga as a Career and for Private Practice
Seva and Yoga Activism
Classes run every Thursday evening from 6 – 8pm and Saturday from 11am – 1 pm for the duration of the course.
* A minimum of two years previous yoga practice is required for acceptance on this course as well as an eligibility interview with the teachers @ the ISHTA School of Yoga & Health.
* Please be advised that this is a 200 hour training, meaning that in addition to the 80 hours of class time, you are required to gather an additional 120 hours of experiential yoga class hours.
* All experiential hours are available free of charge @ ISHTA to Teacher’s Trainees.
* 150 hours in total MUST be completed at ISHTA and the remaining 50 hours can be completed at studios or workshops or retreats of your choice.
* Additionally, ISHTA offers 50% off regular workshops to all Teachers Trainees for the duration of their course.
* A 90% attendance of your class hours is required for qualification.
Here’s what some of our teacher’s had to say:
“I loved this journey and all the like-minded people that have journeyed with me on this course. The atmosphere and everything about it was so DIVINE.” ~ Bhavyata
“One of the best courses ever! Life changing and done in a place of love and integrity.” ~ Helen
“Would wholeheartedly recommend this Teacher Training course!” ~ Nikita
“ISHTA has been a wonderfully warm, supportive and knowledgeable environment for this learning to take place. Thank you for your care and efforts in making this learning a special experience.” ~ Claire
“Absolutely loving the course and don’t want it to end!” ~ Lisa
“I’ve really enjoyed this journey… I’ve grown so much, this was exactly what I needed to find myself again.” ~ Amalia
If you are interested in taking part in this fantastic training, would like more information or have any questions, please fill in the below form: